case question?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trailer-trash

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I recall many years ago, Chevrolet Performance Division had a lowered extended cab street 'mule' that had AWD, and a 650 HP BBC for power to test the durability and possibility of offering it as a performance package.

Not sure what magazine it was in, either Car Craft, Hot Rod, or Street Truck.... I will have a quick look to see if I can find the article, but there are boxes of magazines to go through. I don't recall if they used the T-Case from the Astro or the Syclone / Typhoon. I do recall the article stating that there was a viscous coupler in the system though.

I recall a similar article where someone had a 4wd S10 blazer lowered and swapped for this t-case to make a knockoff 4 door typhoon...from what I remember it was much of a change. Similar transfer case..just with out the option of taking it in or out and without 4 low.