Cargo lamp dash insert wtf

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BrownDogg

Reaction score
This is probably a simple question to most on here but I'm not sure what to do. I'm redoing the interior on a 95 c1500. But I'm stuck on this dash insert for my cargo lamp switch. I had to replace the cluster bezel because it was in bad shape. The new one came with a blank insert for where your cargo lamp switch, air bag switch, etc., would go. My problem is how the hell do I remove the middle blank to put my cargo lamp switch there? I can't use my old one because it's cracked and it has some unknown switch someone put in who knows when. It appears to be one solid piece and I don't want to break it trying to remove one of the slot blanks. So do I need to purchase a insert that already has a cargo lamp switch opening? Or is there a way to remove one of the three covers without breaking it into a 7 pieces? (which is what I feel like I'm going to do if I keep screwing with it). Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

BrownDogg

Reaction score

skobuffs

Reaction score
And be careful removing the switches from the panel when you're messing with it, the plastic on mine was super brittle and its easy to break the mounting tabs...