Can't get my caster and camber right!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Virginiabound

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
*My Tahoe has a slight crank*

After two separate alignments at two different reputable shops, one before knockout removal and one afterward, I'm still having issues with the outer edge of the tires wearing.

The you can visually see the positive slope of the front tires compared to the rear.

Is it normal for these trucks to have caster/camber problems? I didn't personally pick the truck up today from the shop, tomorrow I will return it and see if they can actually correct the issue this time.

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
that's why ive noticed if you crank these trucks up its hard to get them aligned right couldn't get the camber or caster perfect on my 96 until I decranked it

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Looking at your signature picture, Thats more than a "slight" crank. But anyways....

These trucks wear tires just fine when things are in good shape and within specs.

However, if your z angle is way out (basically, a lower control arm angle measurement) you may not have enough adjustment in the upper control arms to correct for camber error.

Lowering the z angle closer to stock or drop brackets may be the only cure.

Some have done what they call a "ball joint flip" to get it close enough to tolerances. In a nutshell, the upper ball joint in mounted under the upper control arm instead of on top of it (or the other way around, can't remember off the top of my head). But you're taking another component outside of OE spec again so....

Last edited:

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
You could do a ball joint flip to get the alignment in spec. It's not the right way and unfortunately you can not run factory 16" rims with a balljoint flip. So either a full diff drop suspension lift or decranking is your two options if you want to keep factory rims and save frontend parts.

chevyman0191

OBS till I die
Reaction score
Maybe cranked too much because I had this problem with mine before lift couldnt get it alined right and wore edge of my tires. No longer have the issues with the lift kit.