can you install a magnfalow muffler in backwards???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
he didnt say he had an xl,and my buddy that has a exhaust business installs alot of those that way have seen a few of the trucks hes done and they sound the same either direction just my experience in what i've seen done by him,should be #12268 single /dual

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Features and Benefits: MagnaFlow XL 3 Chamber Mufflers use a unique combination of large diameter perforated tubing and strategically placed sound baffles to reduce unwanted resonance and help your engine create horsepower.

The sound baffles tune the sound waves using calibrated tuning gate openings that allow portions of the waves to pass through. These tuned waves reflect off the back wall of the muffler and cancel out unwanted harsher sounds.

The large diameter perforated core eliminates the flow restrictions of a louvered style core. A careful balance between perforation size/spacing and the baffle tuning gate make for a great 3 chamber performance muffler.

All mufflers are reversible for custom installation. Backed by a Six-Year Limited Warranty. All welded and built to last. just to let some of the younger posters on this thread know i'm 45 and been in the game of building trucks and cars for quite a few years and i never answer a post if i dont know what i'm talking about

Last edited:

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
magnaflow is pretty much an expensive glass pack so it should be fine backwards

Sent from my static android

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
Honestly, i cant see why running them reverse would matter. The site for one, advertises that they can be installed either way. And have you ever looked inside a magnaflow? i bought two magnaflows for my truck, and looking inside them... you can see right through them. Theres no baffles that actually dirrects the exhaust. Its just muffles the sound alittle bit...

stroker52

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
fartmasters are the ones you dont want to flip.. the MagnaFlow can be flipped its just going to make it alittle louder, now all you really did was turn the muffler into a big Y pipe.. post a video of how it sounds from a stop then taking off.. cuz reving the motor dont give the true sound..

K3500

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow lots of response on thos post so quick!! Thanks

Both me nd my brother have dual inlet single outlet trucks... He can get two magnaflow 18" body mufflers single in dual out realllllllllly cheap 50 bucks new! Sooo i was just curious if i could reverse them and have the same setup as i would paying 200 for!

Im still torn on duals but a part of me wants single stock looking no tip