can you install a magnfalow muffler in backwards???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K3500

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
if i bought a single inlet dual outlet muffler and flipped it around so it was a dual inlet single outlet to fit a truck that has dual inlet exhaust would it effect the muffler or does it work the same way??

Chris.G.Jr.

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No, they are directional I am pretty sure.

exactly what i was thinking they have the design inside them that directs the flow of the exhaust which results in the sound (i think)

therefore if u flip it around it may or may not retain the same sound but it wouldnt flow the same like it was designed

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
exactly what i was thinking they have the design inside them that directs the flow of the exhaust which results in the sound (i think)

therefore if u flip it around it may or may not retain the same sound but it wouldnt flow the same like it was designed

And the flow characteristics and scavenging

Chris.G.Jr.

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
And the flow characteristics and scavenging

i personally havent ever done it and i personally wouldnt due to the fact that if i wanted it a certain way why not buy it that way (example if i wanted it dual in single out then buy a dual in single out muffler not a si/do muffler

dkennedy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
On the MagnaFlow website they say they the universal mufflers are bi-directional... it does not say that for the XL mufflers.

kidd666

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Agreed just get the correct one so it's all done the right way
Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express