Can someone explain CatBack to me?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
Either way they were bad lol. I had a shop once run tubing under the cross member of a third gen Camaro... It got smashed flat pulling out of their parking lot, the guy said, "yeah, its only an inch high now, but its five inches wide, so you still have the same volume" lmao

96Z71ECSB

Old Gearhead
Reaction score
I had a shop once put a "hack job" of an exhaust on a GTO I once owned. When I picked up the car up, it was already parked outside.
I asked if he could put the car on the lift so I could take a look. He flat refused.
I refused to pay until I got a good look at his work. After a few choice words flew, he finally agreed to put the car on a lift.

He started my car to pull it in and I could tell it was not good. I could hear the exhaust leaks.
I was right, it looked terrible.
I made them take it all off from the headers back.
A few more choice words flew, but he did take it off.
That's what I get for not using my normal exhaust "guy".

I ended up going to my normal exhaust guy, open headers and all.

90W7

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've bought cat back systems in the past for my 91 and 05 but this time around for my 13' I bought a few mandrel bend pieces and had a shop weld it up with my flowmaster super 10 and dump it in front of the R/R tire using my OE tip.
You must be registered for see images

Couldn't be happier and didn't cost much.

90W7

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Your muffler and length of the systems Is the big factor on sound. That super 40 might not be aggressive enough.

I bought my mandrel bend pieces because I didn't want crinkled bends in the system. Of course mines a short run, not sure where your wanting your exhaust to exit.

98greenatalie

Reaction score
I like the tips coming out in front of the rear tires. It looks really good, how does it sound?

90W7

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Is the super 10 more aggressive that the 40 series?
I believe it's the loudest so says their site. It sounds awesome. It's definitely on the louder end of the spectrum, but it sounds good and aggressive... A Deep tone to it.

98greenatalie

Reaction score
I've looked at a few videos with the super 10, it sounds really good. Let's get some pictures and serious going on this thread. Post pictures and explanations of your setup!