Can I use an '86 350 tpi motor in my truck?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jorge6.5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well I checked out that motor today and bought it. 350 with roller cam. Has some surface rust on the block, gonna have to clean that up. Turned the flex plate and that turned and felt normal. I didn't see any broken bolts in the heads or block.

I don't plan on taken much off the motor. Obviously the intake cause that's TPI, I'll be running my tbi with stock intake for now. All of the front accessories are still so they be coming off for the ones currently on my truck. I'll remove the oilpan to inspect the bottom end and re seal that with RTV. Possibly replace front and rear main seals. I should probably remove the heads to inspect tops of pistons, cylinders and replace head gaskets.

That's it for now. Guess I'll be starting a motor build thread in the next few day so keep an eye out

96C1500

No money, truck problems
Reaction score
Can't wait to see it!

Sent from my Vortec powered HTC One M8

Keepinitoldskool

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well I checked out that motor today and bought it. 350 with roller cam. Has some surface rust on the block, gonna have to clean that up. Turned the flex plate and that turned and felt normal. I didn't see any broken bolts in the heads or block.

I don't plan on taken much off the motor. Obviously the intake cause that's TPI, I'll be running my tbi with stock intake for now. All of the front accessories are still so they be coming off for the ones currently on my truck. I'll remove the oilpan to inspect the bottom end and re seal that with RTV. Possibly replace front and rear main seals. I should probably remove the heads to inspect tops of pistons, cylinders and replace head gaskets.

That's it for now. Guess I'll be starting a motor build thread in the next few day so keep an eye out
Im interested in buying all that tpi crap from you. Hit me up in a PM to discuss price.