Camaro Door Chime Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stratton

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
So i was thinking ...... wonder if you could wire in a 3 button recordable chip module into the chime module and set it to make difference sound for lights/ door etc...

ChrisC

Reaction score
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS THREAD! I found a 4th gen Camaro at the junk yard today and nabbed a chimer off of it. 30 seconds later and my 99 Yukon no longer has that awful buzz... it sounds like a modern truck!

FYI I was browsing through various GM makes and models today at the junkyard and it looks like pretty much any GM with a 7 pin chimer connector can take this brown box. Also, it can be found in other models like Buick Roadmasters... just as long as the box is brown and it has the 7 pin connector on it, it should work without a hitch.

FrankieD61

The Stooge Called Slappy: Slappy'sAutoService
Reaction score
Bring this one back from the dead...

After doing the chime swap does anyone's seatbelt light stay on? Even if buckled up?

Dravec

Unashamed 400 addict. Best. Trucks. Ever.
Reaction score

After doing the chime swap does anyone's seatbelt light stay on? Even if buckled up?
Just did this last week on my ccsb. Do not have that issue. But it's possible that your chime could have an internal fault.

1500z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Internal fault in the box. Ironically, before I did mine, I never knew there was a seatbelt light in the 88-94 trucks. It never worked and I just assumed that wasn't a thing until they added airbags, but lo and behind the new chime box fixed this and I saw it for the first time ever. Same happened with my dads truck.