Caliper upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
im pretty sure when i did mine i put the 1/2 ton pads.. all you gotta do is bend the metal clips behind them!

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Use the 1/2 ton pads. The 1 ton pads will hit the rotor because they are longer....

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:popcorn:

Proceed, gentlemen.

They fit the caliper perfect, but on my truck the outside pad was resting on the rotor with the caliper bolted down. The 1 ton pads are about 1/4" longer, so unless you want to grind that off they ain't gonna work. I already wasted $40 on pads I can't use but y'all go ahead an try it.....

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
think mine were just lifetime warranty duralasts just so i knew itd work and then later on ill upgrade to something like i had on the camaro. i say go with the 1/2 tons i guess, might be the safer bet if mine are "suppose" to rub.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
but but but they fit on mine perfectly. no rubbing or anything. wow am i confused now

What did you get pads for? A 6 lug 2500 uses the same pads as a 1500. The pads I tried were for a 3500 or a 8 lug 2500. They were ceramic power stop pads, they are in the for sale section now lol...

Could be a difference between brands I guess :shrug: the ones I had wouldn't though....