Cadillac warning chime electrical cirquit question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Arcane

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey fellas!
I think you all know that stock gnt400 warning chime is :025:
I 've managed to fing an export one. It rings in 3 dofferent way and more plesant for ears. But not perfect.
One day a friend of mine asked me to help with his 95 Deville. While some interior work i found that his chime almost the same as mine.

You must be registered for see images attach

So he gave it to me to try it. And yeah!!! it works perfect!!! Accept when parking lamps are off it chimes if it was on, and vice versa. All other chimes work like it should be. So i'm kinda confused...

Here are some pics (left is stock unit, right is the cadillac one)

The leads are

key + p.lamps
ign sb lmp gnd sb sw

ign = ignition signal
sb lmp = seat belt lamp
sb sw = seat belt switch

Incredible Hulk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think you need the Caddie wiring diagram to see if all the pins are the same as yours

And I'm subscribing to see if you get it figured out.... Mine is Mute at this time

Arcane

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think you need the Caddie wiring diagram to see if all the pins are the same as yours

And I'm subscribing to see if you get it figured out.... Mine is Mute at this time

I have both of them, It's identical accept parking lamps. In our trucks p.lamps wire goes to the fuse which is hot only in park lamp or low beam. The caddy one goes directly to the headlight switch.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
I couldn't stand the stock buzzer either. I need the warning because the wife infrequently drives the truck and forgets lights (her car has auto lights) and when I come home at 4 am after a 17hr mission I'm pretty funky and tend to forget stuff like lights and keys.

So I had to keep the warning, but wanted a more mellow chime vice the annoying screaming buzzer. So here's what I use:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6Eidsu_BeA

came from a mid/late 80's era caprice body IIRC.

Works just fine for all three warnings (lights, doors and keys) and doesn't make me want to drive my fist through the dash every time is goes off...:rofl:

Last edited:

Incredible Hulk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Do you have the part # ?...... I might just hook mine back up with that

I couldn't stand the stock buzzer either. I need the warning because the wife infrequently drives the truck and forgets lights (her car has auto lights) and when I come home at 4 am after a 17hr mission I'm pretty funky and tend to forget stuff like lights and keys.

So I had to keep the warning, but wanted a more mellow chime vice the annoying screaming buzzer. So here's what I use:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6Eidsu_BeA

Works just fine for all three warnings (lights, doors and keys) and doesn't make me want to drive my fist through the dash every time is goes off...:rofl:

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Do you have the part # ?...... I might just hook mine back up with that

Discontinued.

You have to hunt one up at the yards.

Look for the 7 bladed chimes. Most should work. I had to find an "upscale" optioned one to get the chime and not the buzzer...

Arcane

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

I found one that was for export. looks like in the video, but box is red and have additional speed limit warning wire. Caddy's sounds better

BTW 93-95 grand cherokee have also the same chimes.

Last edited: