Cablguy's "White Lightning" ... 1997 Chevy Silverado

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
I'm sure this has already been asked but what wheels are those and what size?

They're Boss brand, dont remember model number though, check boss' site and compare pics, i think they still sell them. The size is 20x9 I think, maybe 8 though....crap, I forgot!

Cablguy184

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Small update ... Took out the rear battery bank (three Alpha jell cell batteries) and reconfigured the wiring to the amp rack (located under the rear seat) ...
Didn't seem to hurt the electrical any, sonsidering Ive had it set up overkill all this time ... Every thing seems to be working fine with the new amplifiers ...

That unloaded over 300 pounds of weight out of the bed of my truck !!! better ride and seems to be a tad better on gas mileage !!! This needed to be done !!!
If the truck needs the extra batteries, I need to come up with something better than the way I had it 4 sure !!! maybe a frame mounted battery bank or something ???

Cablguy184

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The dash will be comming out soon for a MAJOR stereo upgrade !!!
We are installing a passive 5.25" 2 way component set in the dash (opposite ends of teh defroster vents) to maximize stage and image ... Yes, we are doing this to a 97 Chevy dash ...
We are going to pull the dash, cut out and make enough room for a 1 cubic ft. airspace enclosure for the left, center, and right channels ...
Sounds interesting ?? its going to be a challenge for sure ... project starts after this comming up weekend ...

We will be finishing my head unit and AC controller install as we complete the component set install ... Stay tuned !!!

silverado98

slab holiday
Reaction score
can u send me the same exact link u got ur drop kit for the truck i really like the way it sits thats how i mines to sit

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
can u send me the same exact link u got ur drop kit for the truck i really like the way it sits thats how i mines to sit

I think he only has the 2" rear shackles currently. Waiting until we have enough free time to do 2" drop spindles and add 2 more inches of drop(hangers) to the rear. Most likely, his and my 95 will get the drops done at the same time.

Cablguy184

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hows it been hangin GMT400 ???
Quite a few updates for this thread over the next couple of days ... and i will be updating a few other of my threads over the next couple of days ...

First off ... Got my truck paintred finally !!!

You must be registered for see images attach

Second ... Got my dash work done !!!

Plenty more ... Be back soon !!! Glad to be back here in GMT400 !!!

Cablguy184

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
at the time of this post, With the exception of rear Air Shocks ... The truck was completely stock ...

Until I got my hands on this ...

Last edited:

Cablguy184

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
And now ... She looks like this ...

I know ... Center caps are in the tool box and Yes ... Those are HID projectors you see in the headlights !!!