cab light thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was never a fan of cab lights, but ebay has some clear covers for the factory style like posted above for anyone interested.

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
Looks good man. IMO the GMT400 cab light is one of the best lookin cab lights out there.

the only thing they need is a lil bit of silicone around the bottom along the edges to keep anything from leaking

You shouldn't need silicone under them, factory light never used any. I didn't use any on my install and mine haven't leaked to date, and I live in washington. Sine you didn't get OEM lights, how did those attach? Is it just a sheet metal screw? If so, you could swap that out for a machine screw and rubber expansion well nut so you can really tighten them down and not worry about stripping the roof out.

squeaky3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks good man. IMO the GMT400 cab light is one of the best lookin cab lights out there.

You shouldn't need silicone under them, factory light never used any. I didn't use any on my install and mine haven't leaked to date, and I live in washington. Sine you didn't get OEM lights, how did those attach? Is it just a sheet metal screw? If so, you could swap that out for a machine screw and rubber expansion well nut so you can really tighten them down and not worry about stripping the roof out.

yes it was just a sheet metal screw that holds them down with one lil hole for the powerwire to come up through...im not worried about not being able to get them tight as i can crank down as hard as i can on them and they dont go anywhere...i break the plastic on them before i strip them out

the rubber on mine didnt quite sit all the way down which is why i put silicone on it