Cab light problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95six.five

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My trucks got the factory cab lights, but the previous owner removed the assembly cause they were cracked and one of the sockets(i think thats what you'd call them) that the bulbs go in is cut off so its just bare wires, and i don't know what the socket is actually called or where to find one or how to wire one. HELP!!

volunteerff21

8 Lug Hoarder
Reaction score
Unless you can find somewhere that sells a single socket with a pigtail, looks that way.

Might try looking at your local junkyard to see if you can a truck with cab lights, and just take a bulb socket off of it. That'd save you a lot of hassle and money versus replacing the entire harness.

95six.five

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thats what i'm thinking....i've got some aftermarket teardrop style ones that the guy i bought it from included with it that me and my dad are thinking about installing but the wiring on them is setup weirdly.

volunteerff21

8 Lug Hoarder
Reaction score
The teardrop ones I put on mine wire in with 12V to the bulb socket, and then are grounded to the screws holding the base down.

But I'm pretty sure the footprint is different between the teardrops and the OEM style. Just something to double check.

95six.five

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The teardrop ones I put on mine wire in with 12V to the bulb socket, and then are grounded to the screws holding the base down.

But I'm pretty sure the footprint is different between the teardrops and the OEM style. Just something to double check.

Do you possibly have a pic of yours? the footprint is different but it'll cover up the screws and the holes so that's all that really matters to me cause my roofs starting to leak in the holes.

volunteerff21

8 Lug Hoarder
Reaction score
Do you possibly have a pic of yours? the footprint is different but it'll cover up the screws and the holes so that's all that really matters to me cause my roofs starting to leak in the holes.

I don't have any pics of how it's wired. But I can snap a pic of the lights installed when I get home.

95six.five

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Alright thanks! thats what i meant lol i wanna see how they look on our trucks. is yours wired to a switch or what?