Cab leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tbbroder

Reaction score
My 99 c2500 keeps getting water on the driver side floor where the plastic trim piece is. I'm stumped, any ideas.

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
Could be your a few things, normally all leads to rust... or simply your windshield. Something isn't sealing. If its your windshield, could be rusted behind it, or simply the silicon stuff, whatever they use, isn't bonding no more. Or could be weather seal around the door, but I would doubt its that. Also, not sure the condition of the truck, could it be that theirs a hole in your floor?

JScott23

8 Lug Expert
Reaction score
Seal under the windshield could be leaking water in through the AC ducts... or through any hole on the cowl panel... likely the one that sucks in air from the blower motor, i think it's on the PS... if it's not that, it could be a issue with the door seal...

Take the plastic off and take a look, if you can't find it have a buddy spray a hose (not too much water) then lay on the floorboards with a flashlight and see where it drips.

Tbbroder

Reaction score
It's leaking from the cowl panel. On the drivers side it leaks in the corner and on the passenger side it leaks from the ac blower. How can I fix this?

JScott23

8 Lug Expert
Reaction score
Follow this thread to fix the leak from the blower motor housing

http://www.gmt400.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15928

Best part about this forum, your typically not the first to run across these type of issues... the PS, follow the forum, on the DS, pull the plastic cowl cover off and look for seals, there should be buildup from water when it's completely dry to see where it's getting in.

I don't remember what seals on the DS could fail, but on the PS it's definitely gonna be that blower motor issue.

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
When you take the wiper cowl off theres gonna be a metal panel on the pass side need to remove that, seal around the hvac ducting then attach that panel again, think I used some black adhesive for that maybe seam seal and either that or rtv silicone around the box, its just a pain to seal the front unless u got small hands

Tbbroder

Reaction score
So I've fixed the leak on the passenger side but now I'm having trouble locating the leak on my drivers side. It's coming from the panel right above the emergency brake. I just don't know where it's getting in on the outside. Any ideas?

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I've fixed the leak on the passenger side but now I'm having trouble locating the leak on my drivers side. It's coming from the panel right above the emergency brake. I just don't know where it's getting in on the outside. Any ideas?
Maybe silicone that screw under the part of the cowl that comes off on that side? Never heard of that side leaking always the pass side