Buying a Tech 2 Clone... Questions...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A couple years ago I bought 6 cans of Dupont SUVA R-134a from Amazon. I'll need another couple cans to fill WCJr, so I went back on Amazon - can't find Dupont SUVA R-134a. Come to find out, it was being heavily counterfeited and sold through legitimate retailers. It was also mostly R-12. So, looking for name brand, Made in the USA, sold by legit retailers doesn't even help you.

Just Nobody

Reaction score
I am going to bite the bullet on a GM tech 2 clone. Has anyone ever purchased one on sicotool.com?

https://www.sicotool.com/best-quali...r-gm-saab-opel-suzuki-isuzu-holden_p0057.html

I did notice in the description that it says it only supports cars... not trucks... I am not sure if that means light duty 12v trucks or 24v heavy duty trucks.

If it will indeed work, is that everything I would need to for bi-directional controls to the ECU/ABS/ETC? or do i need another memory card?
Bought one about 3 years ago on Ebay.ca. It works on cars and trucks up to 2013 as it came delivered , if I recall. When they say trucks they are referring to the larger semi type trucks like my 1999 8.3 cummins MH. The weakest link that I found is where the connector plug plugs into the unit. As my OBD connector pins got bent I straightened them out with needle nose pliers and bought a connector from a local electronics store that connects to the scanner and the OBD plug connects to it, sorta like a electronic coupler that stays attached to scanner, been good every since.

BOTTLEDZ28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Has anyone been able to use one of these tech2 scanners with a 0411 swapped ECM? I need a scanner to do the power bleed and set the CMP offset. I do not trust the apps and bluetooth devices for setting CMP. I think they are too slow.