Bumpy ride

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yukonjed

Reaction score
I have a 1997 Yukon 4x4 1500 and It seems like it’s time to rebuild the front suspension/steering parts. It shakes and even shifts to the side if I’m at a higher speed. It feels unsafe. Is there a full front end kit you guys can point me to? The only kits I’ve seen are on 1a auto.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Typical "kits" are filled with bottom-feeder, cheap Chinese parts. If there are trustworthy kits, I don't know about them.

When it's me, I get under the vehicle and inspect everything, then order what I need from reliable sources.

It's basically guaranteed that all the rubber parts are shot. Control arm bushings, sway bar end-links and bushings, etc. The other joints may or may not be bad. Same for wheel bearings.

Are the tires wearing unevenly or rapidly? Excess toe, especially, can cause squirrely handling.

Shaking can be wheel balance, U-joints or bent driveshaft(s), or a dozen other things.

Frank Enstein

Best. Day. EVER!
Reaction score
If you replace EVERYTHING with good name brand components you will only pay for 1 suspension alignment.

I am partial to ProForged and the top shelf Mevotech for ball joints and tie rods & etc.

I like polyurethane bushings and I like to add grease fittings while I'm at it.

This is the grease I use on my bushings.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/upi-3008

The vendor claims it's good for ball joints and rod ends. I'm testing that on Frank because his ball joints bolt in. Ask me in 5 years to see if I recommend it then!

I use this for greasing everything else and it has been very good so far.

boy&hisdogs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Typical "kits" are filled with bottom-feeder, cheap Chinese parts. If there are trustworthy kits, I don't know about them.

I bought some no-name kit from 1A auto and not only did some parts come with damaged rubber out of the box, the parts that did make it onto the truck lasted only about a year before I had to replace them all with moog parts.

DonYukon

Dont stop until it sounds expensive
Reaction score
SO about those "kits" I used one when I bought my 92 to rebuild as a daily driver. Other than the Moog ball joints that came in it the rest was unbranded LITERALLY had the Chinese written instructions for QC in the box. I had 2 boots with cuts the "new" pitman arm was so loose I swear it was my Ex and I have no idea what kind of end links they sent me but they weren't even correct. maybe for a 2wd. so I ended up returning them and buying individual parts