bumper gap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nate3531

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just installed a bumper on my truck in place of the rollpan. Looks like something is missing. The bumper lines up with the body lines perfectly but from the rear there is a gap between the tailgate and bumper. What do I need to fix this?
You must be registered for see images attach

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Just they way they are.
Two cures possible. Extend the tailgate metal so that it lines up with the body line. The tailgate will still open & clear the end of the box under/inside.
Or, run the top pad from the 'deluxe' bumper. It has a lip that sticks up a bit to hide that gap.

nate3531

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just they way they are.
Two cures possible. Extend the tailgate metal so that it lines up with the body line. The tailgate will still open & clear the end of the box under/inside.
Or, run the top pad from the 'deluxe' bumper. It has a lip that sticks up a bit to hide that gap.

Thanks Sewlow, will look into that deluxe bumper pad

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is what I used along with the other pieces on my 88. Note the lip sticking up towards the tail gate.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

You must be registered for see images attach

TechNova

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
many years ago I took the one piece pad similar to this only a factory piece
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I cut the outer lip off with a bandsaw and smoothed it by sanding.
This gave me the lip that fills the gap and a pad that did not hang over the edge.