Bummed with AC overhaul

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rook

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
95 K2500, all new components, sensors, full dash-pull and rebuild box - both front and rear... Can't get the compressor to kick on.

It holds vacuum, everything is ready to go just can't get it on. May have to dig into dash/firewall wiring, although I know I didn't leave anything loose, everything else works.

Pulled all new sensors and tried old ones, still no go. Brand new Delco compressor...

Heck, I'm about to throw in the towel, been working on this slow for two weeks, need to give a borrowed vehicle back to buddy that's been loaning it.

Need AC for the family, young kids and its getting hot. About to do the unthinkable and take it to the stealership…

Any thoughts on troubleshooting this or am I in for the complete dash pull again?

DaltonB98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
95 K2500, all new components, sensors, full dash-pull and rebuild box - both front and rear... Can't get the compressor to kick on.

It holds vacuum, everything is ready to go just can't get it on. May have to dig into dash/firewall wiring, although I know I didn't leave anything loose, everything else works.

Pulled all new sensors and tried old ones, still no go. Brand new Delco compressor...

Heck, I'm about to throw in the towel, been working on this slow for two weeks, need to give a borrowed vehicle back to buddy that's been loaning it.

Need AC for the family, young kids and its getting hot. About to do the unthinkable and take it to the stealership…

Any thoughts on troubleshooting this or am I in for the complete dash pull again?
Did you replace the heater control switches or the entire unit?

Oldblue98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

How much freon have you put in for start up ? Have you put enough in for low pressure switch to kick in ?

rook

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It’s got PAG oil, I was trying to fill refrigerant, but the pump won’t engage and the refrigerant doesn’t empty...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rook

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The only thing without a plug under the dash is pictured below - a four-pin in a small white box mounted to an ECU. I’ve looked everywhere... does anyone else know if there is a plug I need to track down? Already pulled up the floor to see if it may have gotten buried under there with no luck...
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

rook

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
LOL stealership jab and your asking for help. I believe Oldblue98 has your answer. No reason to over think it.

Can’t ask for help if I don’t want to go to a dealership? Didn’t mean to offend any dealer mechanics, or anyone else.

Wade

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My A/c wasn't working, my fix was a bypass pulley and an empty box labeled: "a/c components".