Bucket Seats from Camaro

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

steveed

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone knows how similar these seats are to the early 90s truck buckets.

I currently have buckets (photos below) that I pulled from a junkyard truck. They are okay but the passenger one has some issues with the track and the headrest is floppy (metal frame is cracked).

For $90 it seems like they could work out pretty well.

Attachments

• IMG_2148.jpeg
    IMG_2148.jpeg
    353.6 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_2149.jpeg
    IMG_2149.jpeg
    399.2 KB · Views: 27

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
lower mounting pattern is the same. not at all worth 100 bucks though. generic base model camaro seats ultimately. not that comfy. Bonneville seats with the arm rest are way better. ive had a vast majority of fbody seats in my yukon before i went back to torn up bonneville seats and then gmt800 seats

Dariusz Salomon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
lower mounting pattern is the same. not at all worth 100 bucks though. generic base model camaro seats ultimately. not that comfy. Bonneville seats with the arm rest are way better. ive had a vast majority of fbody seats in my yukon before i went back to torn up bonneville seats and then gmt800 seats
Funny I was thinkin abot seats in my Tahoe-I generaly don't have anything against them with one exception-in my opinion the cushion don't rise high enough for my liking(electric seats). Anybody tried some spacers under the seats frame to raise it? What's your opinion on that kind of solution?
And question about gmt800 seats-how did you find them? Was it straight swap or modifications needed?

steveed

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am not a big fan of how the bonneville seats look, they look comfortable but very bulky. I'll just try and find another passenger seat from the local pick-n-pull to salvage what I need to fix mine. Then get them recovered. I am guessing I can probably weld some braces to to the headrest part of the frame.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
Funny I was thinkin abot seats in my Tahoe-I generaly don't have anything against them with one exception-in my opinion the cushion don't rise high enough for my liking(electric seats). Anybody tried some spacers under the seats frame to raise it? What's your opinion on that kind of solution?
And question about gmt800 seats-how did you find them? Was it straight swap or modifications needed?
i wouldnt use spacers to bring the risers up. with some fab work id just extend the risers so your mounting base is still flat and structural to the floor.

gmt800 were not a direct swap, not by any means hard, took two shims on each side for the rear and new bolt holes. i used the fronts and shoved everything aft since im tall it gave me a hair more leg room