Broke heater hose connector, nice..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smburnette

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was reinstalling my valve covers today, and noticed a puddle near the distributor on the passenger side.. Moved some stuff around to inspect, and the heater hose connector snapped off even with the manifold.. What can I do, or is pulling the manifold pretty much required to get it out?

BOTTLEDZ28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You can try to use an extractor to get it out but if its stuck in there good then yes, the intake will need to be removed in order to properly remove it without the risk of having pieces of metal fall down inside the passage.

95z71performer

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
When you get it out go get a piece of pipe and some new hose with a ring clamp or band clamp that fits and you won't have to worry about the clip or anything else quite as much

smburnette

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Here is the broken park...
And this is the other side.. What I was hoping to accomplish with no problems...

Here is the truck, I don't think I have posted any pictures.. It needs some work before it is finished, but I think it was a good base to build off of... 1991 RCSB, 2wd, 5.7TBI, 5 speed, power everything, cruise, tilt..

smburnette

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got the tool from Oreileys.. Its a small piece of tool steel that somewhat resembles the splines on an axel... You drive it all the way into the remainder of the fitting.. It went in relatively easy... Then you put a ⅝ socket on it, and start wrenching.. It started very slowly and very tight, but quickly loosened up... I was able to get the old one out and new one in without pulling the intake.. The tool only costed 6.99.. Ole Bess is back on the road..

smburnette

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I took a ⅝ socket with a foot long extension, and inserted the tool into the socket.. I then guided the extractor into the broke fitting.. Then I took a hammer and started driving it.. Keep going until it is seated at the base of the splines.. Put on a wrench and start slowly turning.. It came right out... I didn't even have to pull the distributor cap... But if memory serves me right, I did have to remove a couple of plug wires...

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score
Sweet! A little trick to those trying to do the same thing and prevent pieces from going down is to use a bit of foamy shaving cream in the passage.

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
I have removed them with a hack saw blade when there was not enough left for the tool to get out. The blade will fit in the hole, just saw it in 6 or 8 pieces and remove them with a pick. The tool works wonders usually tho. Just go back with a stainless or brass nipple and hose clamp instead of the quick connect BS.