Broke heater hose connector, nice..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smburnette

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does the hacksaw trick work without removing the intake or anything else from the motor?

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
Yes, just be careful and try not to drop any of it in the coolant passage. Only cut down until you first see threads, then move over and do it again. May have to have a chisel and hammer to break that first piece out. If you have a piece of threaded 1/2" pipe, you can cut the end of it 2 ways (like a cross) and use it as a tap to clean up the threads. (pipe thread taps are usually kinda hard to come by) Use a heavy dose of pipe dope or teflon tape on the new fitting, and she should seal. If you cut too deep in the threads in the intake, you will be looking for an intake or trying to seal it with RTV or something.

98_k1500

Reaction score
A small flat screwdriver may be helpful in prying/digging those pieces out of there. Even if some of it ends up in the coolant, It shouldn hurt anything as long as its not a huge chunk. Its gonna dissolve over time eventually (look at what the coolant has done to it thus far).

gordinho80

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
For what it is worth, I managed to get the broken connector out with a fluted spiral screw extractor from Advance. This was the largest one I found at Advance. The extractor was too long to get a good bite on the connector, so I cut about 1" off of the tip so it would engage more on the wider part of the extractor.

Extractor looks like this...
You must be registered for see images attach

98_k1500

Reaction score
Hey, whatever works man. Glad you got it. I'd bet you don't put another one of those pot-metal quick connects in it do ya?

gordinho80

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Fawk to the NO! Regular hose connection that uses a good ol' clamp! Same as the front I replaced when I did my water pump last year.