Brakes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kv5137

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
93 k1500 5.7
I have a soft brake pedal, tried changing the brake booster, master cylinder brake calipers from 2500 and bench bled the mc and bled the system ... still soft? Any ideas? Probably been asked and answered a 100x but here’s 101

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Adjust the rears till they just start to drag and most of the sponge may disappear. Also if the fluid has NEVER been completely changed out... you can do that and it'll help as well.. old fluid can create a spongy pedal feel as well of other stuff but you changed that stuff already.....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

kv5137

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Bled it till it came out crystal clear. I’ll try the drum brakes adjust tmrw

kv5137

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Adjusted them. They had been done recently still soft.

kv5137

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What about abs delete. I just have it unplugged. Right now

kv5137

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Did the delete and adjusted the brakes. Feels better

84cj

Reaction score
Best thing I ever did was put the SF 6 lug 14 bolt in. The larger shoes/drums are night and day compared to the 10 bolt brakes. IMO, all trucks should have come with the larger rear brakes.

RDF1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I drove this 91 i have about 10 years ago when it was the previous owners so i dont remember exactly how the brakes felt. But after 2500 calipers, SS brake lines, Hydroboost, Master Cylinder, and Wheel Cylinders and draining the lines. The brake pedal feels pretty good. Ill know more once i get to driving it. It was very mushy when unloading it off the trailer but hard to tell just rolling it down a hill hahah