Brake upgrade failure. Desperate for help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kyotey1693

Reaction score
So who would you recommend for 4" drop spindles?

Edit - That was probably a stupid question. Do the spindles themselves provide the entire 4" drop or is a 2" drop spindle and shorter spring? I'm learning about this truck the hard way. I aquired it the way that it is so I'm not sure what parts it has on it.

Last edited:

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think anyone makes a 4" drop spindle, I think 2" is the max, maybe 3.

Any of them are fine as long as it's the correct one for the rotors.

We have a vendor on the board for djm stuff. Probably be hard to beat his price.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah the drop spindle's for this body style 1/2 ton are 2 inch and I would recommend DJM also.

kyotey1693

Reaction score
Cool. Thanks guys. So is it the spring that gives me the extra 2" of drop? Is it shorter as well? I assume so. Also, since I now have the hd rotors, bearings, calipers, and master cylinder, is the hd drop spindle the final piece to the puzzel? Or will there be some other unforseen obstacle pop up that anyone can think of?

I usually dont do stupid like this. I just had no idea that there was a light duty version of half ton trucks. I just assumed that it has understood that a 1/2 was light duty. I still cant wrap my head around the logic behind GM having a heavier duty version of these trucks. I get it now. I just didnt see it coming. And once I had bought new upgraded parts I really didnt want to step back down. Call it a pride thing I guess.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ya the spindles are the last part. The rest of the drop will come from a spring an yes they are shorter than the factory ones. If you use drop springs you would need drop shocks as well.

On the shocks you will only need then 2" shorter than stock for a 2" spring. The drop spindles only can use stock length shocks so don't factor that drop amount into shock length...

kyotey1693

Reaction score
Thank you. I assume I already have the shorter springs because the truck had a 4/6 drop when I got it. I will call DJM tomorrow. Thanks a lot for all of the help guys. I really appreciate it.

kyotey1693

Reaction score
New spindles are on their way. Mike at DJM was great to deal with and very helpful. Thanks Mike! And thanks to all of you guys for you help.