Brake pedal gulping - HELP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

justin93

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey everyone, Pretty general thread here but i figured i'd get better opinions here then just my own.

So i've replaced my front brake rotors, with seals and bearings, rear Drum hardware, wheel cylinders and Drums. I had mismatched axle shafts as well and one looked like it had seen better days - If anyone has any suggestions for Axle tubes with length, spline and all that good info lemme hear it!

As far as the main issue, my brake pedal literally feels like its being gulped while pressed. In my experience this usually means there's air in the system but im unsure if this is something common or specific issue with our OBS.

In depth here's what happens.

Im rolling up to a red street light @ 35 MPH and 150 feet prior i begin to brake lightly, and i can fill a suction almost on the bottom of the brake pedal that feels as if something is just being pumped constantly. I don't know if this is normal or an issue in particular.

In my experience its better to have 2 opinions as oppose to one so i'd love to hear back from you guys.