brake light help...again

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

silverado13

GEAR HEAD
Reaction score
alright, so my brake lights havent worked for a while now, i thought it was the brake light switch but i replaced that yesterday, this is where things get interesting, so yesterday when i replaced the brake light switch, i checked the brake lights and they worked but when i was wrapping things up working on my truck i found that my power windows werent working, then discovered that the wipers, radio, and A/C controls werent working either, so i looked into it and it ended up being the ignition B fuse under the hood, so i replaced that and windows and all worked but the brake lights stopped working again, kinda a head scratcher, im wondering if it could be a bad ground somewhere, so does anyone know where all the grounds are for the brake light system and or does anyone else have any theories of what my problem could be, im a little stumped, thanks in advanced

silverado13

GEAR HEAD
Reaction score
in addition, once my roommate got home i was able to play around with the brake lights and found that if you turn the key off and on and then press the peddle, the lights will come on for about 1 second then go off, then you have to turn the truck off and on agian to get it to do it again

silverado13

GEAR HEAD
Reaction score
ive moved around all the relays under the hood and mixed them around, and the fuse is good, but i was talking with someone and they think it could be park of the blinker system

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
It does sound like you have a turn signal switch issue. You need to test for power into the brake light switch and out when the pedal is depressed. If power is coming out of the switch, try this, turn the 4 way flashers on and off a few times and then recheck your brake lights. Sometimes the contacts in the turn signal/hazard switch get corroded and cause weird electrical issues.

By the way, the grounds for the brake lights is on the rear frame rails.

silverado13

GEAR HEAD
Reaction score
It does sound like you have a turn signal switch issue. You need to test for power into the brake light switch and out when the pedal is depressed. If power is coming out of the switch, try this, turn the 4 way flashers on and off a few times and then recheck your brake lights. Sometimes the contacts in the turn signal/hazard switch get corroded and cause weird electrical issues.

By the way, the grounds for the brake lights is on the rear frame rails.
no clue what kind of problem acts like this, last night i noticed the lights were working