Brake Light Coming On?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kemo sabe

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
My brake light has been staying on while driving and the e brake is released(When the e brake was engaged the light would glow a little stronger). This happened after I had to slam on the brakes when getting cut off to avoid rear ending the person tires smoked up and everything. So I jumped the A and H terminal on the obd and now the brake light is flashing 5 times. 4 short and fast and a 1 longer flash. Any help would be appreciated. Just to note it is a 91 2wd.

Here's a video of the flashing brake light.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Do you have an auto parts store close that could let you borrow a scanner?

-Sent from my twin turbo Desire using diesel fuel.-

ShadowRejects

I drank the Kingpin koolaid
Reaction score
Mine was coming on as well but it wasnt flickering. It went away after a week. Strange..

TruckinAin4Sissies

L.E.D. Whisperer
Reaction score
Do you have an auto parts store close that could let you borrow a scanner?

-Sent from my twin turbo Desire using diesel fuel.-

Obd-I so no scanner.

Typically when there's a bleeding light it's caused by a bad ground/partially open circuit.

-Truckin-

kemo sabe

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea the brakes feel fine so I'm not sure what's up with it. From what I got from google the dtc 5 is 5 Eccessive Actuations of the Dump Valve. It's strange that it was just a constant on and now it blinks the five times all the time until you shut it off. It only started doing that after I jumped the A and H terminals on the obd unit.

KReePiN

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i had a similar issue.....come to find out it was the black abs module thats hooked up by the brake booster......replaced that box and problem went away

TUCSONDUDE

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
i had a similar issue.....come to find out it was the black abs module thats hooked up by the brake booster......replaced that box and problem went away

On mine(black box above brake booster) my light comes on every once in a while when the connectors on it have a poor connection. No blinking though.

get some contact cleaner and spray them out and put them back on(wear safety glasses...from expereince lol)

KReePiN

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
lol thats what i will do next time.....but since i replaced it i havent had a problem again....shoulda tried that though!