Box/aftermarket frames for 96 tahoe???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Geo's66

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Guys, new to this and love the 96 I now have... These frames are bolted together? Why? Anyone with any experience either stiffening these frames or does anyone make solid aftermarket frames? I'd like to DD this thing and just thought about this. Thanks

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Guys, new to this and love the 96 I now have... These frames are bolted together? Why? Anyone with any experience either stiffening these frames or does anyone make solid aftermarket frames? I'd like to DD this thing and just thought about this. Thanks

Bolted together????

Geo's66

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I thought I saw it correct, seems like there are several frame parts "bolted" together. Even googled the fame and saw exploded renderings... Unlike my chevelle where it's a solid frame... Am I crazy?

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Ive had 12 of these trucks I think and ive never seen that

Geo's66

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Huh, ok.... This thing has a lot of flex... Ever do anything to stiffen it? Thanks man

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Not yet but I plan to box it when I SAS

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Take a few pics for us and post them up.....something don't sound right...

sent from what use to be a great country..

19trax95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I dont think there are any bolts in the rails. They are one piece front to back. The cross members may be riveted though.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
I dont think there are any bolts in the rails. They are one piece front to back. The cross members may be riveted though.

Well yeah theyre bolted and riveted

Geo's66

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's what I meant, sorry... Ok, so boxing frame is only option then? No aftermarket stuff you heard of? Also, what's SAS mean? Thanks and sorry for the ignorance