Bought a 99 2 Door Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jfletch

Reaction score
Thought I'd show off my Tahoe. OBS trucks have been a favorite of mine for a long time. First vehicle was a 94 Blazer then moved to a 90 454SS. After a few years and cars I'm back in a chevy! So far I've replaced a few hoses, new distributor, plugs and wires, did the rear main seal to fix an oil leak and a few other things to get her running good and back on the road after sitting for a few months.

You must be registered for see images attach

jfletch

Reaction score
Here's a few pictures of my old Blazer and SS too

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice Tahoe, what size tires are those?

Just curious since you’ve had both, how does it compare to the 454SS? Just driving around, is there a night-and-day difference between a TBI 454 and a vortec 350?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice! I've always wanted a 2dr. One day i'll add one to my collection. What are your plans for it?

jfletch

Reaction score
Nice Tahoe, what size tires are those?

Just curious since you’ve had both, how does it compare to the 454SS? Just driving around, is there a night-and-day difference between a TBI 454 and a vortec 350?

The tires are 285/70r17. Theyre about 32.5 inches I believe. The wheels are from the newer model tahoes.

I'd say that the biggest difference would be torque. The SS could pull your house down the street. The tahoe has plenty of power but there's no replacement for displacement and the SS had a few more liters. When it comes to daily driving, the SS was a 1990 so it had a 3 speed auto which sucked to drive at high speeds over any distance but boy it could smoke some tires. This is comparing the two stock engines. I'd say both the 5.7 vortec and the 7.4 were better than the old 5.7 though.

All of this was before the SS got a rebuilt 454 with a bigger cam, forged pistons, 088 Square Portheads, Weiand Intake, Long Tube Hedman Headers, 3 inch dual exhaust, 3 inch Performance X-pipe, Super 44 Flowmasters, Dual Turndowns From Muffler before back axle. That was a night and day difference.

Last edited:

jfletch

Reaction score
Nice! I've always wanted a 2dr. One day i'll add one to my collection. What are your plans for it?

I've got tons of plans for her. Big stuff includes 4-6 inch lift with some black 15x10 old school wheels and 33 inch tires, 4.10 gears, NV4500 swap, paint, and maybe way down the line a LS swap.
Smaller things are going to be replacing all lights, LEDs inside, new grill with the same red and black bowtie as the SS, smoothie front bumper, paint both front and rear bumpers black, new head unit and speakers. I'll probably paint the tow hooks red over the weekend but Im debating if I'll like it or not.

Chuck_13

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey look!Another Loosianian!Nice looking Tahoe!

A local used car dealer had a 454SS a while back.Not sure of the year model,but man that sucker was nice.It was all i could do to talk myself out of buying it.