Body Work or Used Panels before Paint Job

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I actually pulled a black tailgate and a green hood that were in good shape besides the paint. I planned on sanding these down and either putting them on before I brought it to fact o bake or monstalining the whole truck myself (after body work or panel replacement)
I know that fact-o-bace differs from place to place. I was very happy with my paint job at the Lafayette store. And the price was around $850 with the strips. Over 2 years latter, my paint looks as good if not better than when they first did the truck, but I do baby my truck. after waiting the 6 weeks I think it was, I waxed my truck, and still do about 1 a month. I admit the paint job is not perfect, but it is close to it. All fact-o-back had to do was sand tape and paint. My truck had no dents, just peeling clear coat.

Cajundave10

Reaction score
Great advice from everyone thanks!

Can anybody give a ballpark estimate for what it may cost to fix the two dents in the panels behind the rear wheels?

kennythewelder

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It is impossible to say. Some shops are charge a lot and other aren't to high. The good thing is those dents are easy to get to.

kennythewelder

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Also, when I had my truck done, I removed the grill, and cargo-brake light, and once I got there with the truck, I removed the tail lights, because I knew all they would do was to tape around them.

kennythewelder

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I googled fact-o-bake in BR, It looks like the south shop has a good rep. and the north shop doesn't. Go get an estimate. That's what I did before I had mine done. If you want to come my way, I will tell you the shop in Lafayette does great work.

kennythewelder

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
You can look at the pics of my truck on my profile page by clicking my avatar, and clicking on albums page, but the pictures don't do my truck justice, it looks a lot better in person.

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
Sorry for a late reply, I spoke with my son who is a body man. He said that parts like doors, hoods and tail gates are better off replacing if you have large damage due to vibrations of them being opened and shut constantly. The bed side would be easier to pull the dents and do body work because there more solidly mounted.

It looks like you already picked up some parts, so that sounds like you have a plan in place.