Body lift, tires rub BAD!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

glfirefighter144

Whoa Black Betty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
check your wheel offset/backspacing, may have to find different wheels if these are too far out, or trim the bumper to fit these, my 315/75s would rub on hard bumps while turning, but i have since solved that

Doublestack00

Reaction score
check your wheel offset/backspacing, may have to find different wheels if these are too far out, or trim the bumper to fit these, my 315/75s would rub on hard bumps while turning, but i have since solved that

I think what I am going to do it pull the bumper forward some and trim it slightly. This should give more then enough space and I can keep the look and not have to buy anything else.

Portedfrankenstien

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's really strange. I'm running the same size tire, and the same size wheel, with the same spacers, and have zero rubbing... And that's on nothing but a tb crank. Not even rear blocks, and no body lift (yet)

Portedfrankenstien

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I guess there is some kind of block there, that I never paid attention to
You must be registered for see images attach

But no body lift..

And same tire size, and wheel size, with same spacers

99'Subourbon

Longroof NOOA Member
Reaction score
I had to trim with a 3 inch body lift and 2 inch block and crank. I don't see fitting 35s with just a body lift and no cutting.

That's odd - I had to trim prior to cranking to clear 285/75R16s, but after the 1.5" block and crank, shouldn't need to trim at all.

phule

Back in a 400 again
Reaction score
Also your 285s are probably a little larger than 33s due to thefact there treadwrights. Recaps run a little big. Couple that with the offset and thats probably why

99'Subourbon

Longroof NOOA Member
Reaction score
Also your 285s are probably a little larger than 33s due to thefact there treadwrights. Recaps run a little big. Couple that with the offset and thats probably why

My 285/75R16s are Treadwrights, and you can see the rims I run... again, no rubbing issues after some crank. Maybe he has extremely worn out ball joints, and very tired torsion bars.

Doublestack00

Reaction score
My Threadwright Guard Dogs did end up measuring 34" and not 33", that may have had something to do with it.