Body lift removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98k15

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where can i fine all the parts to remove the 3" BL on my 98 k1500?
Bolts, front bumper mounts, bushings, ect...

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
junkyard would be your best bet.To bad your out in missouri I have just about everything that has been saved after doing a few body lifts for people

98k15

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, there's a junkyard I know the owner of so I'll have to call him. I can't decide whether to keep it and get keys and 35's or take it off keys and stick with 33's.

southern_z71_92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Junk yard is where i got all my stuff. believe me you will def miss the height. i went from block and crank with 3 inch body lift on 36s to no body lift and 33s. i have had thoughts of going back with the body lift.

oh and dont buy lift keys. your stock keys will do the trick.

98k15

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know that i could run 35s with stock keys, I think they'll rub frame at full turn but after i get new 15x10 steelies im gonna go with rear blocks and 35s, they should clear front with those, 2.5in backspacing.

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
I don't know that i could run 35s with stock keys, I think they'll rub frame at full turn but after i get new 15x10 steelies im gonna go with rear blocks and 35s, they should clear front with those, 2.5in backspacing.

Factory gmt400 keys can be cranked until the upper control arm touches the droop stop... (You do not want to do this) if your factory key will not crank your truck that high then your torsion bars are worn and should be replaced if you do not want to replace them, then you could use lift keys... But it's not the right way to do it. If you want to run 35's on 15x10's you will need to have a 3" body lift and you'll have to crank the torsion bars a lot.... And you'll most likely have to trim your bumper and fender. If you do crank then to the droop stop you can flip the upper ball joint to allow more suspension travel and to help with negative camber when you get an alignment. But a balljoint flip only works with certain wheels (with a low offset) and be prepared to replace balljoints, tie rod ends, idler arm and pitman arm often, because cranking that high wears them out, trust me I know!

Edit: just saw you want 2.5 backspacing... Those 15x10 on my truck are 3.5" I wouldn't go lower than that... Or you'll really have rubbing issues.

My truck with 3" body, keys, BJ flip,3" blocks and 35" bfg ats on 15x10's

You must be registered for see images attach

Same lift setup and 37" Boggers on 16x8's

You must be registered for see images attach

Both rubbed really bad!

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
Keys are no bueno

Keep the body lift if you want anything over a 33 and do not want to buy a true lift kit.