black bear. whos got it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
k so i see justin can tune out 2 o2 sensors i like that so they'll never throw a code but will it make the milage ******? also if i get this it says i have to do somethin to the crank position sensor but i dont know what. i have a 96 5.7 for the record thanks for any help

Butch

I'm awesomeR!
Reaction score
Tuning out the rear O2 sensors is only for those that have removed the Cat Conv's, not something I'd recommend if you have to smog. The rear O2's only make sure that emission system (cats) are doing there job, they don't control A/F mixture like the front O2's so there's no change to mileage.

Reaction score
ok so i could get them tuned out and when i build my exhaust i could just cut the cats out. thats sweet and a lot cheaper. here in new york i think as long as i dont throw a code im good

USAF_Slacker

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tuning out the rear O2 sensors is only for those that have removed the Cat Conv's, not something I'd recommend if you have to smog. The rear O2's only make sure that emission system (cats) are doing there job, they don't control A/F mixture like the front O2's so there's no change to mileage.

Doesnt the down stream o2 sensor tell the up stream and the comp that the A/F mixture is good or bad and then the up stream changes to more rich or lean to help mileage? i only had one o2 sensor on my pick up and i just put the non fowler in there when i cut my cat out and i havent lost any mileage (not like it could get worse but thats neither here nor there)? not real sure how that one plays out on the vortec

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
On obd2 truck's that have 4 o2 sensor's, the 2 front 02's relay air fuel ratio to the computer, the rear 2 only check to see that the cat's are working, so you can either have them turned off in your tune, or use dummy sensor's, or extension's IE non fouler's. If it's obd1 then the one 02 sensor ralay's air fuel ratio to the engine, and you can remove the cat and the computer will not know the difference nothing else needed.

Reaction score
How much of the bs could I remove and still run tbi. I have mech. Gauges besides gas batt. And speed

bump530

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
another question for those with a tune, is the crank relearn necessary if you are using a computer other than the one that came on the truck originally?

i just sold my flashpaq and im fixin to get a tune, i just wanted to see if i want to just pull mine out and send so i dont have to do the crank relearn

Matt97Z

Reaction score
I have the BlackBear 93 Tune on my '97. I didnt do a crank relearn and havent had any problems from it. Guys, correct me if I'm wrong but I think its mainly for the newer models 99+.

Matt

bump530

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
i sure hope so...i need to get on the phone with em and order one. truck just aint the same without the programmer on it lol