Bilstein Shocks (B8/B6)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

needlenose

Reaction score
I just installed brand new KYB mono tubes and I'm getting some bounce out of the front end of my 99 Suburban. The tires are brand new(maybe 50 miles on them). I don't mean bounce when going over a swell in the road, I mean that irritating chatter when the wheel is fluttering like when it has a weak shock or a tire out of balance. It doesn't do it all the time which seems to indicate to me it's not tire/wheel balancing. I would think it would do it all the time at a certain RPM if it was. The front end is completely new. All the bushings, bearings, rotors, calipers, everything.

There seems to be plenty of forum support for the Bilstein HD shocks, but Summit only has the B6 and B8. Does anyone know what the difference really is? The descriptions read more like a tv commercial than an actual description.

The B8 claims to have the largest piston, but then there's this self-adjusting rebound blah blah. I don't need some gimmiky BS designed for kids jumping their trucks off the dunes. I just want a shock that will hold this @%%^$# front end still and solid when my wife is hauling the kids down the road at 70.

Last edited:

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
I believe the B6 IS the HD, yellow body. The B8 has a larger piston, it's meant for lowered truck's according to there literature.