Big Red getting a much needed heart transplant!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

b_faulk75

Reaction score
So here it is, my 1997 Chevy Cheyenne, i bought this truck 10 years ago and i have never regretted it although it has always had a shortcoming for me. A 4.3!!!! I almost didnt buy this truck because of the v6 but i will say it has never let me down, i think the manual trans kept it bearable for me all these years. Anyhow, i have been gathering stuff for a 5.7 swap for many years and its finally happening, so i thought i would share my experience start to finish in hopes that it takes the guess work out of doing this type of thing.
You must be registered for see images attach
Sadly i dont have any good pictures of the truck outside and all shined up that i can find at the moment, so i threw this one in just for fun...Luckily i am the service manager at a dealership and a former technician so i have alot of tools and a lift available, this is making this swap alot easier...
Started out collecting the swap stuff by buying a 98 silverado with a burnt out trans for cheap. Took the running engine out of it to rebuild for my truck, kept all the sensors brackets radiator and anything else i could think of to make my swap easy and sold the rest of the truck. These are some shots of the engine after the rebuild was complete. But for a quick rundown, new pistons, bored the block ,020, decked the heads, new valves and upgraded valve springs, screw in studs and guide plates. Comp extreme 4x4 cam with comp roller tip self aligning rockers and hardened push rods, ect, ect...
More pics and updates to come, old engine is out new engine going in saturday 02/23/13

b_faulk75

Reaction score
A few shots of the progress, draining fluids, removing stuff. The truck had alot of leaks from the engine as well as the trans and transfer case so i decided to pull it all out so i could do a good cleaning and reseal.