Best way to hook up tailgate light bar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ray Parker

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has any advice or suggestions on the best way to hook up a tailgate light bar. I see it comes with an adhesive tape on the backside of it but wonder if that's enough to keep it from falling off.
Thank You in advance
Ray

F4U-1A

Early spring 24
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That tape can be pretty strong, I put those rain vent thingys over my windows and 24 years later they aint coming off. Winter or summer. If it is a LED, it probably weighs nothing.

TheAutumnWind

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Use alcohol or acetone to make sure that the surface is super clean I have had one installed with no issues for awhile now. This is just a $25 amazon item. Nothing special. My truck bakes in the sun all day in California heat and I commute about 200 miles per day and its been on there since April 2019

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Ray Parker

Reaction score
Use alcohol or acetone to make sure that the surface is super clean I have had one installed with no issues for awhile now. This is just a $25 amazon item. Nothing special. My truck bakes in the sun all day in California heat and I commute about 200 miles per day and its been on there since April 2019

Thank You

F4U-1A

Early spring 24
Supporting Member
Reaction score

F4U-1A

Early spring 24
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you tie that LED into your trailer harness? My wife wants one now when the Chev goes back on the road next spring.

Eveready

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Did you tie that LED into your trailer harness? My wife wants one now when the Chev goes back on the road next spring.

Bumping this one because i would like to know the answer to this one also. The trailer harness would be a good place but is it via an adapter that lets you also plug in a trailer? It would be nice if the OP would come back with some answers! I like the idea of the tailgate light bar as it is a good safety item, is a modern mod, and easily removable if one wishes to return the truck to stock.