best OBD1 scantool?? Misfire/backfire ? at cruising speeds 65-70

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jrollings

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I completely agree on waiting for the tester to get here. I have checked for excessive play with not finding it lol. Just want3d to thank everyone who has had input on this thread. Problem isn't fixed yet but I just wanted to throw it out there.

jrollings

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Ive posted these on here before but theyre the only two I have on my laptop right now

jrollings

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did buy another fuel pump. Got a carter off rockauto for 33 shipped so when it gets here I'll take back this $72 dollar airtex.

jrollings

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alright, I'm returning my airtex fuel pump tomorrow. My carter pump should be here Thursday, was 33.33 from Rockauto. Delphi and AC Delco were at least double that. I'm also picking up my new dizzy tomorrow. Comes with new cap, rotor, pickup coil and a new Ignition Control Module. The gear on the dizzy I took out looked to be in good shape with even wear all around it with no knife edges. This looks to be original so at 213,000miles, it cant hurt to replace it anyways. Does it matter what kind of grease I put on the new distributor gear tomorrow? I have some marine grade lube in my grease gun right now so I'll probably use that.

I have another truck to drive right now thanks to my Grandpa so if this doesn't cure the problem, it can be considered preventative maintenance and once my fuel psi tester is here, I'll go that route.

jrollings

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Btw, I had a little hp tonight with these stickers:hmm:

jrollings

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alright, truck is fixed. Replaced the distributor due to a crack in the top of it. Pic attached. No more stumbling and I have good fuel pressure. Well I can't attach it from my phone so I'll try tonight after work.

jrollings

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL the Haynes manual was right on the money! It has simplified my life so many times its the only book I give a damn about.

LOL I dunno about that Sky, you were pointing to the fuel pump all along when it was the dizzy...and fuel psi is right at the upper range of specs for the 94-95 BBC at 29-30psi