best header options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chevy power

Reaction score
i have a 1998 chevy z71 with true dual flowmasters 40 series i want to add some headers what will be the best bolt on.

86ccord

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I enjoy my Edelbrock headers. look into a set of those. Makes the truck sound amazing. oh and dont forget the extra power it adds!

Tempted

Banned
Reaction score
Depends on what you want. If the truck is stock and you use it as a hauler, any shorties will be fine. If you don't mind losing some low end power in exchange for top end, go with some equal length long tubes. Power difference isn't going to be much either way but you are losing weight with shorties. You would pick up noticeable power with an X pipe and shorties.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
shorties are gonna be the ONLY bolt on. anything else is gonna have to have exhaust work.

I got ebay stainless headers, but for tbi, you got vortec and egr tube most likely.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
not worth it, they are the same price as the ebay stainless headers, summits are black painted and rust very fast, they have flat flange collectors from what I saw, which requires cutting and welding to the y-pipe or exhaust setup you have now.

The ebay shorties are stainless, no rust, they have ball end, no lower gasket to leak ever. They cost $122 shipped or so, I wouldn't buy anything else, except long tubes.

BadBowtie 98

BOWTIE TILL I DIE
Reaction score
not worth it, they are the same price as the ebay stainless headers, summits are black painted and rust very fast, they have flat flange collectors from what I saw, which requires cutting and welding to the y-pipe or exhaust setup you have now.

The ebay shorties are stainless, no rust, they have ball end, no lower gasket to leak ever. They cost $122 shipped or so, I wouldn't buy anything else, except long tubes.

Hey Swims you wouldnt happen to have a link to those headers?

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

BadBowtie 98

BOWTIE TILL I DIE
Reaction score