Beef up the dash

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

abrasumente

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
The dash in this truck was pretty woofed when I got it, but ever since I rebuilt the front end and replaced all the rubber on the truck with poly, the tougher ride beats that poor ol dash up so bad I’m afraid it’s gonna fall in my lap.

I went to the local man mall a few weeks ago and lucked out- picked up a dash+vent setup out of a 99 burb for $60. Dash is pristine (which is a shocker here in TN) and I’d like to keep it that way when it goes in my truck. I know about the little clips LMC sells (I can make my own), but do you guys have any tricks you’ve used to beef better condition dashes up for the long haul?

Also I’d be interested to hear what you guys do with the airbag pocket on the passenger side of these newer dashes- I know some trucks came with a cubby but I haven’t found any thus far and I’m not paying eBay prices, nor was I paying the junkyard an extra $50 for an airbag I can’t use.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
3500's for sure had the cubby. Maybe 2500's?
Don't know if it's made anymore, or by whom, but there was an under-dash brace available which helped to eliminate the dash shake & to extend the dash's life. Apparently, it prevents sag &/or cracking.
Factory retro-fix? Aftermarket?
Yea. I know. Kinda vague. Just letting you know that there actually is something out there which helps with the prob.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The dash bezel has the metal clips that snap into the dash. The clip to the right of the far left dash vent snaps into a weak spot on the dash - it spreads the dash plastic apart and can start a crack.

The photo is not my truck, but this is where it forms. I’d remove the clip.

You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: