BB Tuned truck going to get servos...have ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scmsltn

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hello,

I recently installed my blackbear tune a week ago and it was great. The question I have now is that my corvette 2nd and billet 4th servo just came in the mail. I will probably install them over the next month. Should I have Justin return my shift settings and line pressure to stock?

I worry that with the line pressure turned up to increase firmness, that once I put the servos in it will slam into gear and be bad for the tranny....

Thanks, Jeff

rhino

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would set it to stock, then bump it up from there. The servo's simply do not require as much pressure for a firm shift feeling. What kind of billet servo did you get?

scmsltn

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I got the 2nd corvette from Oregon Transmission and the billet Sonnax 4th. Will also be installing a DeRale pan, gasket, and filter when I do it. I am trying to track down a new 4.3 liter converter so i can do that too but haven't had any luck on ebay. I am not sure how much the dealership wants but I am sure it is too much.

Anyone have any leads on one?

rhino

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I stock um... I haven't finished my website but look at rhino-transmission-parts.com. The converters are Dacco brand.

scmsltn

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Good price. So are those Dacco's the same brand that used in the GM's from the factory? If so, I can expect the converter to feel the same as the one I currently have as far as loose/tight goes.

Which part number do I need for the higher stall for my 1996?

Thanks...

rhino

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The converter's from the factory are made by GM. Once they are out of production, they re-manufacture them. If you went to your local GM dealer, they would have a re-manufactured converter. They basically cut it open, replace the bearings, clutch, the hub, and fins. I haven't ever personally rebuilt a converter, but am a dealer for Precision, CVC, and Dacco. These along with Transtar are the big 4 companies that sell to transmission shops and over the world. You won't go wrong with any name brand Converter. The high stall converter you are looking for is the B29-DCLF 2075 Stall Converter. The stock stall would be 1397 stall.

scmsltn

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Do you sell flexplates also...I am getting a rattling around the tranny and can hear it when idling and it is not the exhaust since I just redid the entire system 2 weeks ago (headers to tips).