Battery Dieing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1Kurgan1

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I've had an ongoing issue with this truck (91 Silverado) that no one has been able to solve. I have no driver side rear brake light (and now blinker). I have a driving light, and had a blinker, then the blinker started doing weird things like it would blink once then miss 3, or just miss random amounts then blink. One day I had no blinkers even on my passenger side. That was during summer, now that winter has rolled around I have noticed sluggish starting and a few other things. Usually the first time I hit my pass side blinker it flat out cuts all my lights (inside and out) for about 1 second. After that my blinkers don't cut my lights, but I can watch all my interior lights and headlights dim each time they blink. Also when I turn on my headlights, it will usually cut power to the radio for a second as well. But now that it's getting real cold, it's becoming and issue as I need to actually bring my battery in at night or it won't have enough power to start the next day, it turns over a few sluggish turns and gives up.

I'm thinking it's a ground, but where to even start is beyond me. The tailights are new, new bulbs, new boards, and I have attached a new ground to the frame in the back. So looking for ideas here, or where to check grounds.

Cablguy184

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
anything aftermarket installed lately ?? sounds more like a broke or frayed cable under your truck ... possible positive lead going to ground and a loose (if not a couple) ground(s) ... is this a daily driver / work truck ??

1Kurgan1

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nothing aftermarket since I have had it. It's got a 3" BL and an aftermarket Pioneer headunit, otherwise the truck is bone stock, 285k on the motor and 45k on the rebuilt 700r4. It's sadly a DD, when both tail lights were working it wasn't too bad, just drove with my lights on during the day so the driving light was on for the driver side, made it look like I had a dim brake light. But now no blinker on that side, don't really like driving like that (good thing I live less than a mile from work). The headlights and blinkers causing other lights to flip off for a second didnt start happening till it got really cold within I would say the last 2 weeks. Though I have noticed whenever it got cold it was sluggish to start (known that for a while), but it always had started till just today :(