Bad Gas Mileage? Tips or Improvments?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

darren250r

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
man i feel like i don't get ****...lol i average about 8-9 around town with factory suspension little bigger tires. pretty mild cam ect i just don't get why mines so ******...

Having bigger tires will roll your odometer slower showing that you went less miles than you actually did. Cam puts more air and fuel in.

Tinbender59

I AM JUST PLUM CRAZY
Reaction score
the guy i bought it from claimed it was chiped but i for some reason am doubting the chip...high shift points, high idol, down shifts when it doesn't need too ect

Well friend, I hate to tell ya, but our Vortec's don't take chips, you have to "flash" or reprogram them! so I think some one is feeding you a line of road apples. road apples = horse crap

BOTMAN

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well friend, I hate to tell ya, but our Vortec's don't take chips, you have to "flash" or reprogram them! so I think some one is feeding you a line of road apples. road apples = horse crap

he has a 95... which is TBI... therefore it is a chip.

:secret:

monstar_est87

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had a fuel filter issue giving me poor mpgs... I changed that along with O2 sensors... And now im gettin 49 mpgs... Just kidding... More like 18... I drive mostly highways...

Super Silvi 1990

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Dude 8-9 mpg? stop racing hondas lol. I was getting about 10-11 mpg until i did a REAL full tune (plugs, wires, Castorl syth oil, cap, rotor, castrol syth trans oil, syth gear oil, no o2 though didnt need it with the new headers). Now getting 18-19 mpg alot better could be much higher but i gots a heavy foot :) Im putting on a drop kit so ill get even better gas milage with new clean spindles and bearings and lower more fuel efficient stance.