Backspacing/offset questions for 16x8 and 285/75/16

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jmt61

Reaction score
Hey guys!
After many many years without a gmt400 I purchased a 96 SCLB k1500. my first truck was a 94 so after one test drive i was in love.

The truck is 100% bone stock and has some worn out 285/75/16 on it at the moment. I happen to be a firestone employee so I can get a killer deal on some 285/75/16 Destination MT. The stock wheels are "blah" so im going to go after some cragar soft 8's in black.

I am going to do a small crank and 2" block out back...probably followed by a 2" body lift in the spring....the truck doesnt go far so i have no justification for a full suspension lift on my garage queen. I have a set of OEM flares for the truck as well. I am ordering wheels soon and need to know what backspacing/offset to go with. I want an aggressive look with maybe the tires a slight but outside of the flares or at least flush. What I dont want is the entire tire riding outside the body like every f250 i pass around here.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

NorCalMike

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
285's on my Tahoe don't stick out but maybe 1" and that's with no lift and 4" backspaced wheels.

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
I run 285's on mine, but I use a set of stock 04 Silverado rims. They don't stick out past the Bushwaker flares.