Backspacing for 35's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ahayes09

Reaction score
Question that's probably been discussed to death... I did try the search function and came back with no luck.

Anyway, I have a 1997 ECSB Z71. It sits at the stock height right now with 33x12.50r15 with no rubbing issues. I just got a 3 inch body lift and plan to put that on as soon as the weather cooperates. Once the BL goes on, I would like to run bigger tires. A buddy gave me a set of 35x12.50r17 tires, two of which are bald, but hey better than nothing for test dummy tires. My question is exactly as the thread title suggests, what backspacing/offset would I need for the wheels to fit those tires with the body lift?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS-Performance-Products/555/671044/10002/-1?parentProductId=
Would these be a good BUDGET choice?

Last edited:

redchevy914x4

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Those would probably work fine. I have 3.5" back space on my truck now and they stick out pretty good. I have ran up to 5.0" back space but i had to clearance my upper control arm a little for them not to rub at full lock. That is mainly due to the Trailmaster lift on my truck though. I also ran 4.66" and that was my favorite setup. With 4" back space you will stick out pretty good so if you want it to tuck under a little better and have less chance of rubbing I would look for 4.5". Stock back space is somewhere around 6.0" and most lift kit manufacturers recommend at least 4.5" on these trucks.