Axle shaft movement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joeyquader

Reaction score
Newbie here posting my first thread!
Going down the road a few weeks ago ahead of my buddy in my 97 sclb he noticed that my right rear tire was wobbling. Ive had experience with front end movement, but nothing rear end. I check the up and down, left to right like for a hub bearing. No movement at all, but the whole wheel moves in and out 1/2- a whole inch. No idea what it can be. C clip getting worn out? going to tear into it sometime tomorrow

Would appreciate any input Thanks!!

lxe4

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
mine goes a bit more than 1/4'' on the right. didnt used to. 14 bolt sf. I need to just get on it and pop thr cover. nice to know I have some time for it to get worse if you're close to an inch. only way to find out is to pop the cover and see what you see. please share what you find, im in the same boat!!

joeyquader

Reaction score
Opened up the 10 bolt a few weeks ago. The brass pin in the center section has some slop. Checked everything out, but it seemed solid. Winter is about to hit us in the midwest maybe ill get to it in the spring, or ill ride her till she blows lol. 230k on the clock. Shes been a good one