Auxiliary post on fuse block

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DallasTahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
1998 Yukon, on the break of the underhood fuse block there are two auxiliary post labeled A and B, I want to use these posts, does anyone know what the threads are on them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

upper_tanker

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm about 80% positive that they're 8mm, but I can't remember if they're fine or coarse thread.

I know for SURE that a 10mm wrench wouldn't fit on the nut on mine, so they're bigger than 6mm studs. Hope this helps. LOL

DallasTahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm about 80% positive that they're 8mm, but I can't remember if they're fine or coarse thread.

I know for SURE that a 10mm wrench wouldn't fit on the nut on mine, so they're bigger than 6mm studs. Hope this helps. LOL

Thanks I found it on another forum, they’re M8-1.25

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I didn't know anyone actually used those, but I'm not a big electric accessory guy. What are you connecting?

DallasTahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I didn't know anyone actually used those, but I'm not a big electric accessory guy. What are you connecting?

I’m running dual batteries and I run all my accessories off of the second battery, but since it’s engine management related I decided to run my radiator fans off of the main battery and reduce the amount of wiring going through the engine bay

Wiresire

Reaction score
On my 96 k1500 i used those post for the 7 pin connector on my trailer harness. The fuses for those post are quite a bit larger.

Eskimomann209

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I used them
Not for dual battery but that’s a common choice...
I run my e fans off them I think they have a 40 amp fuse on them right?
They work decent enough for me
I run my air compressor off the other one

DallasTahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I used them
Not for dual battery but that’s a common choice...
I run my e fans off them I think they have a 40 amp fuse on them right?
They work decent enough for me
I run my air compressor off the other one

They’re 30 amps each so I have one fan on each to keep from overloading one circuit. I only keep engine management and most of the stock wiring on the main battery, I even took my radio off of the main battery