At what milage did your OEM ball joints go out?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I replaced my lowers at 213000 but not because they were bad it was because I messed them up putting my lowering spindle's in!
225K on my '92 ECLB, had been dropped for way longer, I was swapping my 17's for 20's and noticed major play in the tie rods so I figured it would be smart to check everything else too. Everything was worn. Major ball joint slack, tie rods too, etc. so I rebuilt the whole front end. Crazy thing was, no abnormal tire wear like you would expect.

Richard

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
I've changed 3 out of the 4 around the 120K mark. But my suspension has been abused and I kind of neglected greasing it at times.

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
I grease mine about every 2 weeks. Yall do know stuff lasts ALOT longer if you pump the mud out of it once in a while right?

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
lol yeah I just never get around to it. Every 2 weeks seems like overkill unless your mudding it every weekend. The grease in my snapped upper ball joint was still clean than that was 20k old.

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
I just hit everything 1 pump with the grease gun. Keeps the grease fresh, and yea, i play in the mud ALOT with it. Not every weekend, but not far from it. Those couple of tubes of grease a year pay off BIG TIME when its not in need of ball joints, pitman arm, idler, and tie rod ends all the time.