At what milage did your OEM ball joints go out?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chevyguy78

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think I'm on track to set a world record for longest lasting ball joints. I just turned 200,000 miles this morning and I'm still on the OEM ball joints. The lift has been on the truck since it had 50k on her. I'm pretty impressed by this. I take it in for alignments like 3 times a year and they have never said that they are wearing out and they still feel tight.

crazymater91

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I replaced my lowers at 213000 but not because they were bad it was because I messed them up putting my lowering spindle's in!

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
My k1500 went 210,000 and still has the factory ball joints in it right now. They are a little loose, but not to the point i would be scared to drive it. Was on a crank most of its life. My k2500 got the factory ones replaced at 198,000

Birchyboy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My '99 had a 168k on the OEM ball joints. The shop said they were fine but the boots were broken and I'd have to keep an eye on the grease. Since I was leaving on a trip with our camper, I chose to replace them instead of having an issue with 5k behind me. They probably would have lasted quite a while, though.

Steve's Chevy

OBSLESS
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My opinion is mileage is a factor but also its more of quality of the part and care / maintenance.

I had a set of Moog that lasted 2 miles........Not kidding.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My lowers were shot when I did my lift at around 250k. The uppers seemed ok still but I replaced everything while I was there.

96Z71ECSB

Old Gearhead
Reaction score
160,000ish both uppers and lowers.
Had it aligned and they said they were loose.
They were right, so I replaced all four.