As good an intro thread as any.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brickyard

Reaction score
Howdy y'all. I've been lurking here since late June/early July, somethin' like that. Its weird, cause on my other forums I have thousands upon thousands of posts dating back to 02. Whatever, anyways, here is what I've got. 1998 K1500 GMC SLE Z71. Factory optioned 3.73s, but no hitch when I bought it which I thought was awkward.

You must be registered for see images attach

I have already replaced the transmission, turns out this is at least the third trans at a infantile 129,000. I've also replaced all of the gauge lights with blue leds, including the floor 4x4 selector. Added a hitch, and a little larger a/t tire to it, and I have a gun rack and tool box waiting to be put in.

My parents have owned a 97 K1500 Suburban 4x4 since the showroom, so I have always been around these, and have always loved them. Lookin' forward to learning as much as I can about these trucks and getting this one up to my usual standard of modification.

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
nice clean truck could use some center caps tho IMO love the colors though

Brickyard

Reaction score
Welcome. Where abouts in Texas are you from?
I'm out off the Ranch Roads outside Wimberley, but just graduated from Texas A&M last spring. I know Travis is a member here 01jackedZ I "think" if I remember right.

Thanks for the welcome y'all.

On the center caps, which ones would I be looking for? I know these aren't the proper rims for the truck, but I haven't been able to figure out what the rims w/ center caps are supposed to look like, or a year range that they came on?

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
I have never seen travis on here and don't see why he would be considering he doesn't own this body style. The only other college station kid on here is Andrew (am92).