Arm rest removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John Deere 4240

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm looking at these really great seat covers but the only problem is they don't have arm rest holes. I was wondering if someone knew how to take out the arm rest so I could sew a hole in the seat cover for the arm rest to stick through. They are 98 bucket seats and I don't want to wreck anything by not knowing how.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Carefully pull the seat cover back where the arm rest attaches. you'll see a metal plate in there. Work the cover over that plate slowly an once the covers over it push it an the foam back some an you will see the end of the shaft for the arm rest. It's held on by a clip, just use some needle nose pliers to pull the clip off an them you can remove the arm rest....

John Deere 4240

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well now that just really seems like too much work. I don't think I'd be able to put it back on once I put the new seat cover on bc it's a slip on style seat cover..I think I'll just leave the arm rests on.