Are these stock control arms?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jackc1500

Reaction score
Also these control arms have been sandblasted then put in a black etch primer. There was absolutely no signs of any welding/modification present, 100% unmolested.

Skidroadie

Reaction score
Oh! That's not cool at all. Why do shops try to scam people? Do they think they can get away with that for very long?

Jackc1500

Reaction score
Not cool at all, its disgusting!!! Im not crying over $500, these arms have cost me $1978.32 after paying the **** Australian exchange rate, customs/taxes and air freight for a heavy article. Ive offered him to refund only the purchase price with me incurring the other associated costs and he's still trying to tell me my arms arn't standard GM ones Im comparing his too.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
That shop you're dealing with. Hoo boy!
Either they're scamming you or they're clueless.
No one else you could deal with?

Quick 'Q'. I've heard that suspension mods in OZ were frowned upon & are hard to get through the tougher than tough inspections. Something as (kinda-sorta) radical as shortened control arms would seem to me that that would causing them to be shaking their heads, saying no, no, no!

Jackc1500

Reaction score
Their meant to be reputable, make some good products but are well off the mark with this example. Everything is in the States for the c1500 when it comes to mod bits and pieces, so theres plenty of other manufactures I can deal with, just need to come to a resolution with this first guy.

Yeah you have heard right, from a mod as small as installing aftermarket seats they are MEANT to be inspected by a certified engineer to allow the vehicle to be road legal. There are only around 20 certified engineers in my state authorised to inspect modifications. Square C notch's have been outlawed for over 10 years, they must be of a flowing design. Once you perform heavy chassis mods they have to be put on a chassis dynomometer to make sure they flex within a range and wont crack or distort. Modified and aftermarket suspension components have to have similar testing done to determine the items load rating. Track widths can only be a maximum of 2" narrower then the opposite axle. And the list goes on and on and on.... Basically its a huge headache and big $$

Jackc1500

Reaction score
Yeah its certainly excessive. But at the same time it keeps poorly modified vehicles off the road and away from your pride and joy

Last edited:

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Yeah its certainly excessive. But at the same time it keeps poorly modified vehicles off the road and away from my pride and joy

True!
There's been posts here such as one ass-hat that tried to justify that the clamping off the rear brake lines with some vise-grips is O.K., because, "It's just for a couple of days till I can get them fixed & besides, it's only a few miles to work."
And I'm thinking that there are people out there with the same mentality, driving on the same roads as me along with family & friends in their vehicles.
That guy's statement got me a bit 'excited'!
Some of the other mods I've seen people on F/B or C/L run are downright scary.
Learned to leave them alone. Too hard on the blood pressure!

Last edited:

Jackc1500

Reaction score
Ya might get away with it 99 times out of 100 but it's that 1 time a child runs onto the road and ya can't stop in time, that's the life changer for all involved. The whole scenario could have been avoided by getting a work colleague to pick him up. Some people can't be told. Easier to avoid posts like that rather than commenting.